I just got back from having an amazing week at LCA2013. That was my first LCA and I was really not quite sure what to expect. It turned out to be an amazing experience. I met so man really smart people, learnt a lot and generally got exposed to all sorts of new ideas and software.
Some of the highlights were:
- Sir Tim Berners Lee.
- Meeting kernel hackers.
- Meeting Joey Hess as I backed his kickstarter.
- Finding out about Apache OFBiz
- Seeing Paul Fenwick give several presentations. Here are some of his videos on youtube.
- Organising the emacs BoF.
- Realising that I’m not the only emacs user in Australia.
- The Penguin Dinner on Mt Stromlo.
There were many other great and inspiring things. Too many to list. All I can say is I hope I can make it to LCA2014 in Perth.